Residential Collection

Tambo Waste is contracted by the East Gippsland Shire Council to provide residential waste collection services throughout the shire. 

Three types of waste collection bins are serviced.


General Waste – this is a 120 litre bin with a red lid which is collected on a weekly basis.


Recycling bin – this is a 240 litre bin with a light green lid and is collected fortnightly.


Organics bin – this is a 240 litre bin with a dark green lid and is collected fortnightly.



Damaged Bin

If your bin is damaged and requires repair, please contact Tambo Waste…

Call 1300 131 807

Complete the Residential Bin Repair Form



Stolen Bin

If your bin is stolen or missing, please contact East Gippsland Shire Council …

Call 03 5153 9500





Kerbside Waste – Residential

The recycling bins can accept plastics coded 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7, steel and aluminium cans, paper, cardboard, glass jars and bottles. If you are unsure if an item can be placed in your recycle bin please contact Council or refer to the information below. 


What CAN I put in my Kerbside Recycling bin?

  • Paper and cardboard
  • Newspapers/envelopes
  • Telephone books
  • Milk and juice cartons
  • Glass bottles and jars – unbroken
  • Steel cans, aluminium cans, and clean foil
  • Plastic containers numbered 1 to 7

What CAN’T I put in my Kerbside Recycling Bin?

  •   Plastic bags      
  •   Polystyrene cups or meat trays (numbers 6 and 7)
  •   Waxed cardboard
  •   Broken glass/crockery/pyrex/mirrors
  •   Motor oil or Fuel
  •   Green waste
  •   Hazardous waste, including paint tins
  •   Food waste
  •   Household Appliances e.g. toasters, DVD players
  •   Scrap metal and /or steel
  •   Household furniture and mattresses
  •   Home improvement items e.g. sinks, fittings, hot water systems
  •   Carpet / Linoleum
  •   Fencing material
  •   Medical waste / syringes